Saturday, April 18, 2009



all it says is you're tonights casualty,

curled up in my huge, brown sweater on the fire escape of tariqs west college apartment. below me, a drunk girl and a semi drunk boy are fighting, her drunken slurs slamming against my ear drums "i just want to go to kyles!" shes screaming "where's kyle! where's kyle!"
tears are streaming down my cheeks.
to my left, the bedroom door opens, and tariq steps out into the night.
"i thought you had left." he says "are you alright?"
the drama continues below "i just want to to kyles!"
i nod "i just needed some air."
he pauses
"i'm just enjoying the air. i'm fine, really."
as he goes back inside, i stretch out on the wrought iron floor, head in my arms, sweater wrapped around my tiny body. i could sleep here, i think, shrouded safe in the shadow of the mountains and the hum of nearby friday night state college parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment