Wednesday, March 18, 2009

ask me about yesterday and i'll tell you about watching the rose sunset through the trees over sig chi's rooftop, glimmering in the resplendence of orange, pink, lavender, light blue.
i'll tell you about my roommates sprawled on the lawn on top of old comforters, tanning, laughing, gossiping.
and how the air right now is honestly the perfect smell.
i'll laugh as i attempt to describe tricking yasi into distracting me from my school work, delving into one of our endless conversations of analyzation of all the people we've ever known and loved, and how my entire being flushed crimson as my sexy professor walked by, beaming, waving and calling out springtime afternoon greetings as i crumbled like an awkward little girl.
there'll probably be a cliche or two in there as well, about garrett pulling his old clunky car in my driveway "did you hear the brakes?" he laughs, as he clambers over the wrought iron fence, shaking his lengthening hair from his face and settling himself into the chair opposite me.
i'll remind you to look back at the sunset, its becoming more vibrant by the second.
truth be told i still haven't even made a slight dent in the mountains and mountains of essential school work looming before me, but i relished in the brush of cool cement on bare feet, the hush of breeze on bare skin, the laughter of camraderie.
my past few days have been composed of nothing other than deep, revealing and emotional conversations with my nearest and dearest. one by one, each of my oldest friends and my newest roommates have settled themselves singularly across from me, unraveling.


it has been one of the most beautiful experiences of my life.
i'm not sure how all this happened, really.
but nothing has ever felt more right.
how did i make it here? i couldn't tell you.
but i'm home.


(edit)
the light is perfect.
as is headphones pressed to my ears, the live version of john mayers "in your atmosphere" lilting on repeat through my ears.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7FP5R2EOwc

thinking of kyle and moving forward.
as i let slip to armani through tear filled eyes "this feels like a letting go"
wherever i go, whatever i do, i wonder where i am in my relationship to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment