Tuesday, May 26, 2009

things i haven't written about, and moments that pursue me.

garrett, sitting on the edge of my bed, its pitch black and i'm inlaid with a glimmering, lonely, terrified sadness, a miniature clear midnight sky and i'm letting him talk out his fears, his fright tumbling out of his mouth and disappearing into the spaces between the dimming sparkles within my eyes, whats important here is that, this moment between us two is pure, garrett and i at a very real level, he takes me to the route of my problems with ease and i let him feel, experience, emote his own.
how armani, drunk off tequila,  stumbles in, bringing in that aspect i now recognize as immaturity, assuming there's something romantic, sexual, going on, in her jealousy trying to include herself in this genuine reality by assuming such a role, curling herself around garretts back and sliding one perfectly bejeweled hand along my chest..
i freeze.

i will not be drawn into a dance of jealousy, will not allow my own, genuine intentions and undimmed love for the two of them, yes, the two of them for my love for one person is never affected by love for another, and thats what so many people don't understand, i won't let this boundless love be distorted in explanation, catching garretts eye over her shoulder he rolls his eyes at me and we understand.  the meaning of this glance, however, reaches us all, and, ashamed, armani flees from the room in tears.
it has never been spoken of, but what i hold in my mind, of that evening before the world collapsed, is the beauty of our three silhouettes, alone, in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment